Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hello from Houston

It's now 6:33 Houston time and I've been off the plane from San Francisco for about a half-hour. We boarded the plane at 11:20 p.m., left at 11:59 p.m. and arrived here and advanced the clocks because of the time difference. The plane was absolutely full and two ladies sat in my row, I on the aisle. One of them was maybe my age, from Redding and going to Honduras alone. The other was from San Francisco traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. As soon as the plane took off, both of them fell asleep and their heads bobbed up and down in unison. Neither of them snored, thank god. Why can't I fall asleep in a moving vehicle? I remember once when my ex was driving and he almost went off the road into a ditch in Sebastopol... And, last night when Seamus was driving me to the airport, he missed the exit from 101 to the airport. "I swear to god, Mom. I've driven this road hundreds of times!"

I need to go get a cup of coffee and something to eat... Maybe I'll catch a catnap during the 2 1/2 hour trip to San Jose...